Datacenter security is an integral part of any business, regardless of industry. Nowadays, companies are threatened with far more sophisticated forms of attacks. Hence, a constantly improving datacenter security becomes a vital player in business growth and operations.
Philippine companies who offer IT services focus on helping you build a resilient IT infrastructure that will stand today’s more complex forms of cyber threats and risks.
Below are the top three datacenter security weaknesses that we can help you address.
Top Three Data Security Weaknesses
IT security requirements are focused on dealing with the arrival of more complex attacks and digital channels threats. These problems can come from various sources which include human, technical, and operational channels.
Below are the top challenges that require a more sophisticated threat protection:
Complexity Leading to False Positives
The variety of IT security solutions and accompanying tools with different risk strategies can result in redundancy and unnecessary complexity. This happens when threats are gathered from multiple external sources that often have the same detection strategies.
However, the data produced are often raw. The unconsolidated data often leads to false positives. While there are many solutions available, the lack of actionable intelligence leads to wasted time and resources.
Closed, Proprietary Reputation Feeds
Datacenters deal with threats from both internal and external sources, but many of the networking platforms are “closed systems.” This means, the system cannot gather threats that are specific to customers and third-party agencies.
Lack of Optimization (Scaling)
According to numerous IT executives in the finance industry, the optimization inability of network security appliances fails to address human-unnoticeable demand intervals while continuously analyzing threats to provide real-time, antifraud policies.
Another challenge is the optimization of services to meet customer demands without adding to the complexity of the network itself.
Top Solutions for Datacenter Security Weaknesses
As the IT network platforms evolved, IT security remained a crucial facet in all aspects of business including data management, compliance, and business continuity.
Here are the top solutions for a stronger datacenter security system.
- Improved DevOps capabilities can provide streamlined policy operations. The increased communications and collaborations between the software and IT teams can simplify policy operations and get rid of redundancy.
- Optimization that can support high-performance tasks and transactions. Scaling network security appliances can help address the increasing customer needs and improve the speed of transactions.
- Hardware and software upgrades can minimize downtimes required for maintenance periods. Reducing the length of maintenance downtimes ensures the smooth flow of operations amidst upgrades and maintenance works.
- Support for multi-use cases. Datacenter security should include a support system for simultaneous identification, clarification, and organization of system requirements.
- Core protection for the datacenter should come first before connections within the enterprise internal networks.
- Protecting the external edge should cover the enterprise’s network perimeters. The key is finding the right IT services provider that can create tailor-fit solutions to address your company’s infrastructure weak points.
- Datacenter security should be possible at wire speed. The network is the foundation of business trades and transactions, as everyone knows the dangers that come with cyber threat-related network disturbances.
- Improving IT security without sacrificing performance can be a challenge. Datacenter security in environments with multiple users should have network architectures that support public, private, and hybrid operations in the cloud.
- Visibility in network configuration, database protection policies, and applications should be improved. Datacenter security needs to evolve continuously to adapt to increasingly complex threats.
The Need for IT Simplification
IT solutions that are capable of removing unnecessary complexities while lowering operational risks can help deliver efficiently through IT implication. Solutions that enable a company to make internal shifts without going through long wait cycles and downtime will help businesses succeed in their digital strategies.