How do cyber attacks happen exactly? According to a recent report, criminal hackers don’t need to rely on malware. They can act like a normal network admin, lurk around a compromised network, and steal your data.
Originally it was believed that malware is the weapon of choice by criminal hackers in wreaking havoc on enterprise IT security. But as the rise of data breach boost the awareness of businesses enough to beef up their IT department, attackers have to come up with a way to slip under the radar and operated undetected. The solution – standard IT administration tools that targets already have in the first place. As a matter of fact, 99% percent of threats come from good software gone bad while the remaining 1% percent is malware, which is mostly used for intrusion and ancillary activities.